Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have 3+ years of complex payroll experience and be a self-starter and able to accomplish expected tasks under minimal supervision; ability to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure;
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping, accounting, and filing procedures;
- Intermediate computer skills with proven understanding of payroll systems;
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure according to the general standards set forth by HIPPA;
- Must have an ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
- Exhibits team player mentality, and enjoys collaborating efforts within and outside the department;
- Experience with payroll processing within the Construction industry preferred.
Training and Education:
- High School Graduate with 3 years direct relevant experience.
- Experience with government contracts and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and familiarity with unions preferred but not required.
- Broadly applied software knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Sage, Deltek Costpoint and Payroll software applications is desired.
- Ability to multi-task in an organized manner on a daily basis with variable deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, analytical and organizational skills.
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Position is subject to satisfactory completion of a background check and reference check. A valid driver’s license is also required for this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands and work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bending or crouching; talk or hear, and sitting for extended periods of times. Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift/move up to 45 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.