General Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelors or higher degree in business, finance, public administration, economic development, or a related field with private sector experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience in an economic development capacity.
- Ability to initiate and develop business plans, and act and operate independently with minimal daily direction, particularly in ambiguous settings.
- Managerial skills – leading, planning, organizing, controlling and administering.
- Knowledgeable of state and federal government, with an ability to read, interpret, and understand policies and legislation.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, external agencies and philanthropic/impact investment partners to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Strong personal passion for Spruce Root’s mission Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong acumen with budgeting and planning process
- Working knowledge of financial statements and GAAP standards.
- Working knowledge of mission driven, non-profit entities.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) and ability to speak in public setting
- Strong ability to work as a productive team member
- Experience working in community development
- Strong attention to detail and organization
Position is subject to satisfactory completion of a background check, and reference check. A valid driver’s license is also required for this position. Physical Demands and Work Environment: Job Description Effective Date: 01/1/2018 The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bending or crouching; talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift/carry and/or move up to 30 pounds safely. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions and other elements prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal. This job requires regular travel in commercial planes, AMHS ferries, float planes, and twin engine planes.