The Retail/Guest Services Associate is responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service for visitors of the Sealaska Heritage Store and the Walter Soboleff Building. The position provides retail services for the Sealaska Heritage Store by greeting customers, generating sales, merchandising, developing product knowledge, and following store processes and procedures. The position also assists visitors of the Walter Soboleff Building by providing information, collecting admission fees, and monitoring the orderly operation of the retail store, exhibit, and clan house as directed by the supervisor.
1. Greets customers and visitors, including answering phones and directing inquiries to the appropriate person.
2. Develops and maintains knowledge of the Walter Soboleff Building, clan house and exhibits, store products, events, and promotions.
3. Issues visitor passes to the clan house and exhibit.
4. Receives and processes all payments according to standard procedures.
5. Completes, processes, and maintains applicable paperwork and records.
6. Assists in the opening and closing of the store, including cash handling.
7. Assists in floor moves, merchandizing, display maintenance, and store housekeeping.
8. Follows shipping and handling policies and procedures.
9. Participates in trainings to enhance practices, procedures, and team building.
10. Performs cleaning duties as assigned daily.
11. Performs security checks and theft prevention.
12. Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position’s duties are performed at the Walter Soboleff Building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
No travel is expected for this position.